Fusion Kids' Cough Fighter
Delicious kids’ cough mixture, with ivy leaf to relieve children’s coughs. No added sugar. Fusion Kids’ Cough Fighter has been specially formulated to taste great while soothing children’s coughs.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Features & Benefits
· Specially formulated for children aged 2 years and up
· Kid-friendly taste - contains naturally derived blackcurrant flavour, with no added sugar
· Plus extra sweetness from Chinese licorice
· Easy to mix with water or juice – even for children who are fussy
· No added dairy products, gluten or nuts
· Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
· Made in Australia
· Fusion Kids’ Cough Fighter contains:
· Ivy leaf, which relieves children’s coughs
· Ivy leaf also has expectorant, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects on the respiratory tract, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine
· Elecampane and thyme, traditionally used to relieve children’s bronchial mucous congestion and clear mucus from the respiratory tract in Western herbal medicine
· Chinese licorice, which is traditionally used to ease kids’ coughing in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
How it Works
Coughing is the body’s way of clearing unwanted matter from the lungs and lower airways. It may also be triggered by inflammation in the respiratory tract (among other causes).
Coughs that cause mucus (also known as phlegm, sputum or expectoration) to be expelled or expectorated from the airways are sometimes referred to as wet, loose or productive. This type of cough may be worse at night, because when the child lies down, mucus drips from the upper respiratory tract (e.g. nose and sinuses) into the lower airways, triggering the cough reflex as the body tries to expel it1.
On the other hand, coughs that don’t trigger the expectoration of mucus are referred to as dry or non-productive. These types of coughs sometimes persist for long periods of time, and may be associated with inflammation of the respiratory mucous membranes. They are also sometimes characterised by spasmodic bouts of coughing.
Coughing and bronchial mucous congestion are common symptoms in children. For example, when kids catch a mild upper respiratory tract infection like a common cold, coughing may persist for a fortnight or even longer2, and more than half experience moderate-to-severe chest congestion within the first 48 hours of the cold’s onset3.
Fusion Kids’ Cough Fighter is suitable for children aged 2 to 12 years and combines herbs traditionally used in TCM and Western herbal medicine.
Directions for Use
Children 2-4 years: Take 2.5-5mL, two to three times daily, when medically advised.
Children 5-8 years: Take 5-7.5mL, two to three times daily.
Children 9-12 years: Take 7.5-10mL, two to three times daily.
Serving suggestion: Mix each dose in 50mL of water or juice and consume immediately. Best taken with food. Shake well before use.