Did you know that Acupuncture is a great way to prepare your body for giving birth?
Acupuncture is one of the oldest health practices in the world and involves the stimulation of specific acupoints in the body to correct imbalances in the flow of ‘Qi’ or ‘life energy’ flowing through the body’s meridians.
Today Mammoth Health’s Acupuncturist, Dr Caleb Nontapan, explains how acupuncture can benefit in the lead up to birth.
Traditionally acupuncture is utilised from week 36-37 of pregnancy, to prepare the body for labour. Weekly treatments from week 37 leading up to your due date, can prepare the body for an easy transition into labour.
Caleb explains that it can get a little frustrating if you happen to go over your due date, and so he alters the treatment to encourage the body to go into labour
The benefits of Acupuncture in the lead up to birth
- May reduce the length of labour.
- Reduction in labour pain.
- Lessons the likelihood of needing medical intervention.
- Helps with Oxytocin and Melatonin production.
- Teaches you Acupressure points and tools to use during labour.
- Can help turn breach babies.
- May help to bring on Labour
- Helps shorten the recovery time after birth.
Pre-labour Acupuncture can be a great natural approach as it utilises points that encourage blood flow to the uterus, cervix and lower back, as well as lowering stress hormones, so that your body can gradually produce more oxytocin and melatonin in readiness for birth.
In the late stages of pregnancy, Acupuncture can also benefit back pain and swelling associated with growing a baby. If you can improve on swelling and pain before labour, it will mean that your body will be under less stress and more capable of easing into labour.
Calab’s Pre-Labour Package for all babies born in 2020
We are offering a special pre-labour package for all babies born in 2020 which includes:
• weekly acupuncture in the lead up to your due date, starting at 37 weeks
• a bonus box of raspberry leaf tea (to health prepare the uterus for childbirth)
• and as many treatments as you like, if you go over your due date
The price includes a minimum of 4 treatments, so if you go early, you can use the treatments post birth to help your body recover
If you happen to go over your due date you will not be charged for any additional treatments.
The Package costs $340 which is a saving of a minimum $60
If you approaching 37 weeks of pregnancy or know someone who is Book your Pre-Labour Package now and ensure your labour and the birth of your baby is the best it can be
Because it’s Not a Rehearsal
© 2020 Live Better Naturally Pty Ltd