On the 5th Day of Christmas…
Cook up a Storm
For the past 18 years I have been making Mammoth’s famous Christmas Festive Cake.
I love making the Festive Cakes because they look so impressive, taste sensational and are ridiculously easy to make. I throw all the ingredients together whilst I’m cooking dinner and throw it in the oven whilst we are eating.
If they last long enough they make wonderful gifts for those who haven’t the time or inclination to cook. Just a quick wrap in cellophane and a Christmas ribbon and you have the perfect, most thoughtful gift.
125g Glace Pineapple
125g Glace Apricot/Peach
125g Glace Red Cherries
125g Glace Green Cherries
250g Brazil Nuts
125g Blanched Almonds
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon rum (I use brandy)
1/3 cup plain flour (I use spelt flour and it works well with gluten-free flour)
3 tablespoons S.R. flour
- Chop glace pineapple and apricots into fairly large pieces. Leave remaining fruit and nuts whole.
- Mix fruit and nuts together well
- Beat eggs until thick and creamy. Add sugar, vanilla, rum and soft butter and beat until combined.
- Stir in sifted flours, fruit & nut mixture.
- Divide between 2 greased and lined tins (rectangular base measures 7cm x 25cm). Press mixture firmly into tins.
- Bake in a slow oven (approx 150 degrees Celsius) for 1 ¼ hours OR until cake is firm to touch.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes and then turn out on wire rack. When cool I wrap my cake in foil and then pop it in an air-tight container. Can be kept (in fridge) for 3 months.
For your convenience Mammoth Health has the Festive Xmas Cake ingredient packs available in-store. It contains all the glace & dried fruit and nuts carefully measured to recipe… all you have to do is throw it all together.
Get the Best Advice from Qualified Practitioners
Mammoth Health has a team of qualified Naturopaths, Nutritionists and Wellness Coaching practitioners available for consultation at our In-store Clinics. Consultations are available daily. Book Your Consultation Now
“Because it’s Not a Rehearsal”
©2018 Live Better Naturally Pty Ltd